Wintel Server Administrator
Fort Worth, IN | Contract to Hire
Zycron has a great opportunity for a contract to permanent Wintel Server Administrator in Fort Wayne, IN. This is a 90 day contract with conversion to fulltime.
Under the direction of the Server and Storage Team Specialist, the Server Administrator (Wintel) will support, maintain, and monitor systems infrastructure for critical reliability and maximum uptime for hospitals. Position will assist in the administration of the overall Wintel Administration and Support for the enterprise. As part of the team, the Server Administrator will be responsible to execute the administration processes and procedures required to maintain a high level of service for the production Wintel systems. A very important requirement of the position will involve creating and maintaining graphical and text-based documentation and standards development for the enterprise systems infrastructure. In addition to technical expertise, the candidate should also demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to interact at all levels of corporate management. This person will be responsible for:
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in the Administration of Wintel servers. Previous experience in health care is a plus.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Experience with Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016). Experience supporting Citrix XenApp 6.5 and above preferred
- Prior experience with Wintel Administration and support
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860. No CTC and no visa sponsorship is available.