Chattanooga, TN 37402
Zycron has joined with a large company in search of a WebSphere Administrator.
This is a 12-month contract position located in Chattanooga TN.
This person will support WebSphere applications from an administrator perspective. Will work on application such as Maximo, Tririga and Learning management systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the technical expert in platform operations engineering and provides daily authoritative advice in support of the engineering design process.
- Works with peers to analyze performance of components and systems to trouble shoot, evaluate performance, and determine capacity.
- Uses root cause analysis, corrective actions, tactical planning and strategic planning to lead and own areas including correcting problems, improving response times/methods and lead long term investment plans required to provide sufficient support for it services to the business.
- Acts as coordinator to ensure that infrastructure stays in compliance with configurations, patches and approved designs.
- Active participant, leader and owner in the change management process to properly execute change with minimum impact to the services provided.
- Actively engaged in improving and automating change processes.
- Provide tier 3 expert support to it peers as needed to properly support the it infrastructure on a 24x7 basis including on-call duties, shift work, and emergency support, vendor coordination and business coordination.
- Requirements include travel to various locations away from the primary work site. Expert resource for a broad subject area of technology.
- Ability to mentor a and b levels on complex issues impacting the infrastructure and business processes.
- Expert knowledge of middleware platforms such as but not limited to web application servers like iis, websphere, weblogic, tomcat, apache; business intelligence like cognos, tableau, obiee; integration like tibco, ssas, ssrs, ssis, informatica; mobile computing platforms including soa and security confirmation and management of those platforms; first and third party cloud hosting solutions like vmware, amazon web services, microsoft azure.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of a broad range of management, compute and networking technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of windows, vmware and unix based operating systems.
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
- General understanding of business environment, i.e., budgeting, lifecycle costing, customer support.
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge in supporting the operation of large, multi-dimensional systems across broad IT technology areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transformation impact, change management, and business metrics.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, and intervention skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to challenge and influence teams in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while dealing diplomatically with internal and external partners.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of High Availability Systems and/or Critical Infrastructure.
- Must be able to maintain elevated clearances such as but not limited to NERC/CIP, Sensitive, and/or Nuclear Fitness for Duty.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Jennifer Wollin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID Number: 17027 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.