Nashville, TN | Contract
Are you a Systems Engineer with experience supporting the enterprise server, storage, and application infrastructure? Have you worked in an environment that includes: Cisco UCS services, Microsoft Operating Systems, SolarWinds Orion Monitoring, Active Directory, and NetApp Storage?
If you’re looking for a contract opportunity in Nashville where you will be responsible for windows server administration, moving VMWare to HyperV, scripting and automation, server virtualization, enterprise monitoring systems, AD group policy, and identity management (OMS/Azure) send your resume to email@example.com
- Monitor the performance of enterprise systems
- Automate repetitive administrative tasks.
- Provide Level 3 administration and support for end-user and server environments
- Conduct research and make recommendations on computing infrastructure products and services, and servicer-based applications according to documented practices
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associate training plans for system administration and appropriate use
- Mentor and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5 years of responsibility for systems administration and engineering
- Ability to automate and script repetitive tasks (Ideally PowerShell)
- Master of core technologies, including Active Directory, Windows, Group Policy, VMware, NetApp SAN, Cisco UCS.
- Monitoring and automation technologies, such as SolarWinds Orion, Tidal, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to articulate views and opinions to build consensus within a common framework of efficiency and standards
Education and Experience:
- Certifications Preferred: ITIL, MCSE, CCA, or CCAA, CISSP
- Years of Experience: 4-5
- Degree requirements may be waived with significant related and demonstrable work experiences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience demonstrating mastery of core technologies