Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a contract opportunity with a large client in Chattanooga, TN.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested..
- Five (5) or more years experience as a full-time professional in the field of information technology.
- Microsoft certifications, ITIL certifications, and scripting experience with PowerShell are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, customer service, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- Dedication to on-going technical education, both as a student and a teacher.
Systems administrators are responsible for the installation and maintenance of Intel-based server systems in accordance with corporate standards. They build new systems as assigned, participate in the installation and upgrade of server hardware and software, troubleshoot and repair or replace server hardware, and provide tier-two support and training for the corporate telecommuting initiative. They act as subject matter experts for Intel-based servers including, but not limited to hardware installation and cabling, troubleshooting, and backup verification.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a technical operations expert, responsible for installing and maintaining Intel-based server systems, as assigned, under the direction of senior technical staff.
- Maintains complete and accurate operating records, and ensures that change management and security procedures for these systems are executed in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Provides tier-two support for server systems and telecommuting infrastructure, diagnosing, resolving, and documenting complex systems problems.
- Builds and installs new systems, and upgrades existing systems as requested, including hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Undertakes small technical projects, and serves as a resource on larger projects, as assigned.
- Contributes, as a subject matter expert (SME) to the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and standards that conform with organizational objectives and ITIL best practices.
- Provides raw data for management reports, in prescribed-standard formats, as requested by the Team Lead.