Sr. Software Engineer
1100 Charlotte Ave Nashville, TN 37203
This is a 6-month contract position in Nashville, TN and is not available for sponsorship. A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modeling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance. In addition, this candidate will have a history of increasing responsibility in a small multi-role team. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with minimal supervision.
This candidate will have a track record of participation in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee) environment. In addition, the applicant must be willing to mentor other developers to prepare them for assuming the responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer.
The Senior Software Engineer will be required to learn about existing systems and provide on-going technical support for both existing and new applications. The applicant will provide second-level support for existing applications within a group.
The Senior Software Engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Leads efforts to design, development, deploy, and support software systems
- Integrates new/existing software with existing systems
- Collaborates with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on requirements
- Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
- Designs fit-for-purpose products to ensure products align to the customer' s strategic plans and technology road maps
- Demonstrates and coaches value-based decision making and Agile principles across teams
- Coaches team on existing system structure, constraints and deficiencies with product
- Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Focuses on customer satisfaction
- Rapidly prototypes and delivers just-in-time solutions
- Gather requirements, designs, constructs and delivers solutions with minimal team interaction
- Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
- Act as a leader to the team’ s continuous integration and continuous delivery automation pipeline
- Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset.
- Experience with CI/CD, TDD, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Web API, REST, micro services, and Git strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of software engineering, delivering and supporting production software products, including working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming languages.
- Delivery of past software systems with documented value required.
- Strong focus on delivering customer value required.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to engineer and build software through multiple languages and tools required.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business required.
- Experience with Agile/Kanban, Scrum and Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Willingness to learn our business domain required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment preferred.
- Experience managing web applications hosted on IIS
- Experience managing web applications hosted in cloud-based platforms (PaaS)
Job ID Number: 63716 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you. Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com