Sr. Project Manager
Nashville, TN | Contract
Zycron has a great Senior Project Manager opportunity in Nashville, TN with our health care client. The selected candidate will be working on an extendable six month contract likely to go into 2019.
The selected candidate will be responsible for planning and managing IT projects of medium to significant complexity, including planning, execution, scheduling, definition of product functionality, and cost/budget development and tracking. Prior experience managing projects for clinical/healthcare applications/systems is required. Senior Project Managers may manage projects with significant interdependencies with active projects or existing systems; they may be required to manage and track interrelated projects and programs.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business and IT&S goals, in collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Develops labor estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans for projects.
- Provides leadership in forming the appropriate project team in order to meet the project’s objectives.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Conducts comprehensive project status reviews of a program of related projects and system and project interdependencies.
- Communicates appropriate outcomes with Solution Leaders, Project Management, and Business Owners to provide timely and accurate information and status updates, along with issue and risk management within individual projects and across a program.
- Reviews quality of work and manages integration of team members’ work.
- Creates a positive environment for the project team including open, honest communication and a clear path to escalate risks and issues.
- Facilitates fast and effective decision-making required for progress on the project.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members and contractors, and encourages them to take a positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Proactively identifies risks and develops contingency plans, identifies issues and manages their timely resolution.
- Tracks risks and issues in appropriate repositories and ensures their visibility to the people required to resolve them. Escalates risks and issues as appropriate.
- Monitors overall project progress and manages any changes in project scope.
- Tracks financial performance of the project, including actual to budget tracking for labor hours and dollars, operating costs, and capital costs.
- Communicates scope changes appropriately and gains authorization for additional funding as required.
- Communicates project status, progress, and issues within the project team as well as to IT&S managers and staff, and to the business sponsor and business departments with involvement in the project.
- Develops and executes complete project and product deployment communication plans.
- Delivers status reports on schedule and adapts their frequency and content to the needs of the business as well as IT&S requirements.
- Ensures that deliverables and documents are produced as required including project charters and requirements documents.
- Builds, develops, and grows business or IT&S relationships important to the success of the project (in conjunction with the Solution Leader/Key Contact).
- Facilitates project post-closure reviews and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- At least 5-8 years of direct work experience in an IT project management role.
- Prior experience managing projects for clinical/healthcare applications/systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- A certification in project management is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with project management software, such as MS Project, Workbench, and CA Clarity.
- Competent and proficient understanding of IT project requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in team management.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-645-9860.