Sr. Project Manager
Englewood, CO | Contract
Zycron has a great opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager with our health care client in Englewood, CO. This is a four month contract with possible extension to one year. Prior experience managing Data Domain Refresh, Installation and Network Upgrade projects is required. Heavy focus on capability to manage multiple locations and vendors. Will also perform budgeting, scheduling, etc. PMI PMP certification (or similar) is required. Client will only consider candidates local to the Denver area.
- Manage schedules, budgets, resources, and deliverables for the Data Domain Refresh/Networker Upgrade Project
- Monitor teams to make sure goals and objectives are met. Leverage knowledge of larger landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking project health, staying alert for risks and resolving issues as they arise
- Maintains standards and monitors scope/progress with multiple vendor project managers
- Collaborates with all levels of project business sponsors (executive to managers) to determine user requirements/project criticality/risk/urgency; assignment and management of projects and project managers as needed to assist in gathering business and technical requirements
- Prepare project plans to align the project outcomes with stakeholder expectations and standards. Ensures appropriate project and project governance is in place by consultation with Infrastructure Program Manager.
- Develop and effectively manage project budgets and track costs. Assists in the development of plans to annual operating and capital budgets, monitors and analyzes performance and productivity and implements necessary corrective plans to achieve project goals.
- Maintains a project level schedule and critical path that allows drill down to project level schedules. All interfaces among component projects and those external to the project are identified, tracked, and controlled.
- Manage project risks and issues, determining a course of action, considering constraints and objectives enabling continued project progress.
- Capture and report project status and data in the PMIS and other visibility tools as required. Ensure PMIS project data accuracy, timeliness and integrity, (e.g. schedule, cost, resources, risks)
- Manage project change in accordance with the change management process to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, benefits, and contracts.
- Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the project to include OE and other touch point organizations. Support benefits tracking by Strategic Priority Measurements and others as required
- Lead meetings and set expectations for entire project team (over multiple vendors)
Skills, Requirements, and Certifications
- 10+ years of project management and standards experience including:
- 10+ years Experience in project management
- 8+ years Experience with project management applications (e.g., Microsoft Project Pro/Server, Clarity, ServiceNow) and ERP systems
- 7+ years leading large scale, complex projects and projects
- 5 + years experience managing vendor PM staff required
- Background in infrastructure and network are required. ITIL certification preferred
- Project Management Certification through PMI or other accredited institution is required
- Bachelor of Science degree in business administration or equivalent required
- May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Analytical and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with meeting and advising all levels of senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works closely with market executive leadership, PMO Infrastructure Program Manager, and service owners and ITS personnel
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with business and technology partners to continuously identify project plan recommendations/improvements
- Works hand in hand with business partners to hear voice of the customer and ensure smooth transitions from project to standardized work process is built into project recommendations
- Routine and transparent project meetings with ITS, PMO, market leadership, and teams
- Documentation of requirements, narrative reports, meetings, decisions, and project/project elements
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860.