Sr. Oracle DBA
1214 Church Street Nashville, TN 37069-4357
Zycron is working with a utilities company to hire a Sr. Oracle DBA for a full-time position located in Nashville, TN.
Zycron, a division of BG Staffing, offers full benefits. Benefit highlights include 3 weeks' paid vacation, 6 Federal Holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k) with matching and weekly compensation.
- Stability – long-term contract
- Training Budget
- Paid OT
- Consultants can shape the technical direction of the applications being built
- Buying and building new tools
- Fun atmosphere – monthly events for employees
- Annual raises
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a senior member of the Database Services team, responsibilities include designing, implementing, and supporting the database environments. Our Oracle environments are considered an enterprise, strategic platform that directly enables the use of applications by our core businesses. This position requires a thorough knowledge of database troubleshooting skills related to Oracle. With little to no supervision, the position will require expert skills for Oracle database installations, patching, upgrades, performance tuning, backup/recovery, high availability, and monitoring. Provides technical assistance to other personnel involved in application development and database administration. Proactively recommends changes and enhancements to database systems to ensure optimal performance and productivity. Must be a self-starter with a drive for results, good decision quality, and problem-solving skills. As a senior staff member, you will be expected to mentor and technically coach others with Oracle DBA best practices.
Minimum Experience/Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience in Oracle database administration with at least 2 years of experience using version 12c Enterprise Edition.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in supporting Oracle databases with the following technologies: ASM, RMAN, RAC, and OEM.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in supporting Oracle databases on Unix OS of either Oracle Linux, RHEL, Solaris, or AIX.
- Bachelor' s degree in math, computer science or related field. Advanced degrees are desirable. Associate degrees with additional work experience will be considered.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment – approachable, maintains peer relationships, promotes documentation, shares knowledge with others.
- Understanding and skills with Oracle technologies such as Golden Gate, Active Data Guard, and Exadata/Appliance.
- Moderate to Expert skills with Unix OS – Oracle Linux, RHEL, Solaris, AIX
- Ability to support other RDBMS’ is a plus - SQL Server, DB2, etc.
- Skills in supporting databases in VM environments with highly redundant, highly available systems
- Understanding and skills in supporting databases with technologies such as Dell/EMC Data Domains, VM and/or Zones, CommVault or IBM Tivoli backup solutions
- Understanding and skills in supporting WebLogic, Peoplesoft, and Oracle Utility Applications.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Chantal Konopka, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID Number: 65116 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com