Sr. Network Engineer
Nashville, TN | Direct Hire
Zycron has a great opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer with our health care client in Nashville, TN. This a permanent direct hire position to our client. Please, NO inquires on contract or CTC. Additionally, the client is unable to sponsor a visa.
The Senior Network Engineer, works to build company success through expanding and improving the network infrastructure and introducing emerging technologies as solutions for success. The Senior Network Engineer will deliver projects that exceed our business’ expectations, continuously improving our network and collaborating with peers on best practices. The right person for this position must have excellent leadership qualities, strong customer services ideals and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel and outside resources.
The Senior Network Engineer will serve as the Network Technical Team Lead within the Infrastructure group; providing direction, instructions, and guidance to team members in order to complete projects and resolve technical issues. This is a small team, but it is still important the successful candidate have the ability to lead technical projects.
- Play a key role in design and implementation of network infrastructure systems
- Configure, install, and maintain networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Configure, install, and maintain network security and monitoring systems (firewall/IPS/IDS, traffic monitoring, etc.)
- Monitor and maintain Wide Area Network and datacenter Local Area Network systems and software; troubleshoot and resolve issues as necessary, including working with network service providers
- Create and maintain documentation that involves network/network security systems
- Work as part of the Infrastructure Group within IT
- Networking Technical Team Lead
- Provide Tier 2 support for Service Desk and Field Engineers as needed
- Perform a variety of tasks, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of network switching and routing, including implementation and troubleshooting of advanced routing protocols (BGP, RIP, OSPF, etc.)
- Deployment/advanced troubleshooting of Cisco and Dell/Force10 networking hardware (mostly Dell N-series and S-series including Force10 MXL switches, some Cisco Nexus and some legacy Catalyst 2960/3750)
- Data center networking, including Cisco Nexus core switching, and iSCSI Storage Area Network on Dell S-series and MXL switches
- Advanced troubleshooting of Wide Area Networking (DIA, Metro Ethernet, MPLS)
- Deployment/operation of network security systems (firewall/IDS/IPS/IPSec VPN)
- Network monitoring systems
- Strong communication, documentation, research, and problem solving/analytical skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent full-time IT work experience where 1 year experience = 1 year of college coursework
- 5+ years Network Engineer experience in a professional environment
- STRONGLY PREFERRED: Current CCNP or Dell EMC Networking Professional
- Network engineering experience in a geographically distributed healthcare setting a strong plus
- Experience with SD-WAN is a plus
- Experience with SonicWALL Network Security Appliances is a plus
- Experience with VoIP/SIP is a plus
- Limited day travel may be required from time to time to our co-location data center and various clinic locations throughout Middle Tennessee; on rare occasions overnight travel to a few of the more distant clinics may be required.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-645-9860.