Sr. Electrical Engineer
Newburgh, IN 47630
Zycron has joined with a safety and productivity technology company in search of a Sr. Electrical Engineer in Newburgh, Indiana. This is a direct hire permanent opportunity. Relocation assistance may be available to candidates who are not local to the area. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The selected candidate will work with a team of professionals dedicated to the development and implementation of safety and productivity technologies where people and mobile equipment work in close proximity within industrial work environments. You will be responsible for the hardware design, development, prototyping, and testing of safety related electronic/electrical products and equipment such as; Personnel and Equipment Tracking Systems, Lighting and Camera Systems, Proximity Detection Systems, wired and wireless Atmospheric Monitoring Systems, Personal Monitoring Air Systems, and Communication Systems. Designing hardware requires the ability to produce schematics and PCB layout of analog, digital, or mixed circuits.
Will also be required to support the manufacturing and installation of equipment/products and provide support and training to technicians and field services personnel. Support activities may take the form of e-mails, phone calls, site visits at vendor or partner facilities and some field work supporting initial product development and testing or troubleshooting issues observed in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in product design meetings with members of other groups (management, sales and marketing, software, mechanical, manufacturing, etc.) to gather requirements
- Assist in development of product specifications (may require research of regulatory requirements for a given market and based on general requirements provided)
- Design circuits and PCBs to meet product specifications
- Build and test design prototypes for proof of concept
- Participate in design reviews
- Perform PCB layout of circuit
- Design fixture/system to test PCB assembly and/or finished product assembly as well as the procedure for performing tests and documenting the results
- Manage the build of first run prototypes with PCB assembly house
- Aid in transfer of design information to manufacturing department for production
- Support repair department with instruction on testing and repair of active products
- Provide technical support and training to installation technicians, repair technicians, and field services personnel as needed
- Develop possible solutions to specific engineering challenges and develop a plan for testing and documenting the effectiveness of those solutions
- Create and maintain various forms of documentation such as manufacturing drawings, regulatory approval drawings, test procedures, test reports, user manuals, product specifications, evaluation reports, engineering proposals/estimates, technical reports, etc.
- Generate purchase orders for materials and tools required to build prototypes or testing
- Manage and log time for multiple concurrent projects with different priority levels
- Work on projects, both in groups and independently
- Occasionally perform testing and/or otherwise gather information in the areas where our products will be used
The successful candidate should have a minimum of:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering AND
- 4 years of experience in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering role designing schematics and performing PCB layouts for development of electronic products
- PCB schematic and layout design proficiency is required; Altium Designer is preferred
- Must have thorough working knowledge and design experience with basic and complex analog, digital, and power circuits and associated implementation techniques
- Must have advanced electrical test, measurement, analysis, troubleshooting skills
- Experience using various types of lab test equipment like DMMs, power supplies, function generators, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes is necessary
- Experience with RF circuit design and/or intrinsically safe circuit design is desired
- Must have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and keep up with multiple concurrent projects
- The majority of the work will take place in a typical office setting (cubicle, desk, chair, computer, etc.) or in a lab/testing/development area (lab benches, test equipment, etc.)
- Occasional travel to vendor or partner facilities may be required (such as a contract manufacturing or engineering facility) but are rarely different from normal office or lab conditions other than possible safety glasses and ESD dissipative gear that may be required
- Occasional travel to end-use locations, supporting initial product development and testing or troubleshooting abnormal or unusual issues observed in the field
- Employees are furnished with and required to wear safety gear such as hard hats, steel toe shoes, reflective clothing, earplugs, and safety glasses when working in those locations requiring such protective gear
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860.
Job ID Number: 16756 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job.
We look forward to working with you. Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.