Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
Nashville, TN 37246
Zycron has an immediate opening for a Senior Desktop Support Specialist.
This position will provide desktop hardware and software support for the client’s end-users. The position requires frequent and regular contact with the end-user staff, and is responsible for deploying, troubleshooting, and repairing the user’s hardware and software problems in the field and/or at other facilities where the hardware and software is located.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with providing help desk support for the client's end-users either in person or via remote connection. Updating incidents tracked in our ticketing system and meeting contractual service level agreements.
- Ability to work independently on projects reporting your status daily or weekly as required.
- Be a productive team member of other IT projects working well under the direction of other team leads or project managers.
- Assist with managing projects as needed. Following documented project management procedures and working closely with other IT resources during the project.
- Provide technical assistance as requested in support of projects
- Follow documented procedures for end user workstation deployments. Provide training to end users as necessary to introduce the new device and its configuration. Maintain inventory of deployments and changes to devices as they are deployed
- Support software and be able to build/update supporting documentation for installation, configuration and administration.
- Be willing to travel locally to facilities (within a 30-mile radius) to support the hardware and users at that location.
- Work with vendors for support of escalated issues.
- 5+ years of experience in PC hardware and software support
- Experience supporting end-users
- Local travel to the end-user
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Experience working as a desktop or network specialist in an enterprise network environment with Active Directory
- Strong level of knowledge of Windows 7 Professional, and MS Office (2013 preferred)
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft System Center Service Manager
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10
- Experience supporting and working with cellular devices
- Previous corporate PC deployment experience
- Experience in a utility related environment
- Associate degree in computer science or related field
No Sponsorship is available for this position.
Job Number: #17080
Reply to scrimmins@zycron.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.