Sr. Data Analyst
Nashville, TN | Contract to Hire
Zycron has a great opportunity for a Sr. Data Analyst. This is a 6 month contract to permanent position in Nashville, TN. The client is unable to sponsor a visa for this position and prefers local candidates. No CTC.
The Sr. Data Analyst will act in this role as an application developer and administrator for Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Solutions. They will provide technical guidance in the design and maintenance of the BI reporting solutions and assist the team with the ongoing support, development, and growth of these BI reporting solutions.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems (data integration analysis, design and requirements)
- ETL data mapping
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Provide assistance in creating product roadmaps for maintaining the currency of and exploiting the features of our BI solutions.
- Provide a high degree of technical expertise and make significant contributions to system-wide performance monitoring and tuning, business continuity planning, capacity planning, and software upgrade planning and implementation.
- Continue to grow professionally to become the consulting developer in all activities listed above.
- Utilize internal and external training opportunities to cross train on other Business Intelligence solutions and database platforms such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Business Objects 4.x, Arc Plan, SQL Reporting Services, Qlikview, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc.
TOP “MUST HAVE” SKILLS
- SQL Report writing and BI Tools experience (i.e. MicroStrategy)
- Strong SQL syntax understanding and experience is required to facilitate moving comfortably into the Cloudera (Impala) and Teradata environments
- BI Tool experience– experience in developing and documenting reports, datasets, data cubes and/or fact tables. Familiarity with taking business vision/guidance and from that developing reports/dashboards with supporting documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (MS SQL, Teradata, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL frameworks (SSIS, Informatica, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Existing knowledge of SQL, Cloudera, Teradata, BI Tools (i.e. MicroStrategy)
- Five years or more proven working experience as a data analyst and SQL programming
- Two to five years of technical knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s Degree preferred in Information Technology/Informatics
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860.