Sr. Cyber Security Specialist
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a Sr. Cyber Security opportunity. This job is with a large client in Chattanooga TN
This position supports both project and baseline activities involving the Enterprise Security Monitoring Service (ESMS) for both corporate and Operational Technology environments and is required to operate and maintain the system in a state where malicious activities can be detected and responded to. This position is critical to maintain security as well as meeting regulatory requirements. Specific activities of this position involve maintaining Server Systems, SAN, DR/COOP, ticketing systems.
- Performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- Reports to information security management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Participate in project reviews, incident debriefs and evaluation (such as audit) reviews to understand the issues and gaps, factor into continuous improvement and alter/enhance the education and communication plans.
- Engage critical initiatives for security governance and oversight and establish operational security risk assessment program with measures and continuous improvement plans
- Plays an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects, to assess security requirements and controls and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned
Contributes to the development of security architecture and security policies, principles and standards
- Develops security processes, procedures, and supporting service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained
- Defines security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
- Develops and validates baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking and telecommunications equipment
- Leads and trains team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports and the resolution of security issues
- Performs real-time monitoring, intelligence, and incident management activities to ensure TVA is protected at all times.
- Evaluate, design, implement and maintain an overall cybersecurity monitoring and incident response capability across the enterprise that provides consistent security monitoring, incident response and follow up investigation and determination of root cause.
Education- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
- Seven or more years of cybersecurity operations experience protecting electronic and information based assets, with at the last three years of that current and hands-on.
- Audit/Investigations experience is highly desired.
- Operational Technology experience is highly desired. Certification/License, etc — CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, ENCE, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, delegation, analysis, teamwork, coaching/development, customer service, planning/organizing, flexibility, stress tolerance, communication.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical IT planning and understanding of missions and business needs.
- Broad knowledge of business functions and related cybersecurity needs.
- Must stay familiar with Federal laws, regulations, and industry best practices for cybersecurity strategies and technology.
- Knowledge of IT operational infrastructure including disaster recovery/backup, data management, and ability to develop/ensure security measures/processes are implemented.
- Excellent ability to research, evaluate and recommend technical