Sr. Clinical Data Analyst
Nashville, TN | Contract
The Sr. Clinical Data Analyst will be assigned to the Systems Usability Team with in the clinical services group and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Company’s Electronic Health Record (EHR).
The Sr. Clinical Data Analyst must possess a balance of healthcare knowledge, technical and people skills. Success in this position includes building strong working relationships with business partners, project team and other IT&S teams. This position requires someone that learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
Due to the number and nature of interactions this position will have with other teams, very strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
Reporting to the Director, Systems Usability, this individual will:
- Gather requirements, develop metrics, retrieve data, and ensure validity of results.
- Partner with customers to understand the problem to be solved, the logic behind data and build visualizations in a visual, intuitive and aesthetic manner that enhance the knowledge observed from the data.
- Utilize advanced analytical and statistical ability to evaluate data, make judgments, and recommendations regarding process and outcome improvement work.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of assigned projects, including co-developing project definition with business, assignment of task responsibilities, setting deadlines, and all other aspects of project management.
- Maintain existing data outputs (dashboards, reports) with updates as needed. Proficiency in Tableau required.
- Administer and permission server site that data outputs are stored.
- Manage upgrades of reporting software and impacts to existing data outputs.
- Works with clinical analysts, business analysts and business partners to define clinical reporting requirements.
- Create metrics that enable measurement of progress toward initiative goals and ensuring that the proper data is being collected for those metrics
- Performs clinical data analysis, creates documentation of data issues and develops implementation strategies for improvement.
- Coordinates information requirements from business partners, project teams to IT&S data warehouse teams.
- Participates in review of defects and data quality issues that are uncovered during the lifecycle of clinical reporting applications.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend practical solutions.
- Adhere to internal process of managing work and deliverables.
- Ability to participate in multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Activities will include but not be limited to:
- Gather and document requirements.
- Determine the best solution for data output.
- Retrieve data and work with IT&S team members if data is not available.
- Once data is retrieved, ensure validity of results.
- Generate data outputs – dashboards, visualizations, reports.
- Deliver data output to customer and make adjustments as needed.
- Document progress of analysis for status updates.
- Coordinate with leadership and/or project team to develop metrics.
- Participate in and document outcomes of processes related to optimization, clinical content, and process design.
- As necessary, work with project managers, tasks forces, and other team members to document work efforts into formal project plans or technical solution business requirements.
- Monitor high level timelines for use in communicating with clinical informatics stakeholders, workgroup team members, clinical group leadership, and IT&S.
- Cross-coordinate with other Company solutions or projects, and work with other analysts/specialists/coordinators, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Support collaboration of multiple disciplines and working relationships with corporate departments, divisions, and facility leaders.
- Support project teams by delivering data output when integrating clinical optimization/operational activities into their project plans.
- Work on other activities, as necessary, to support clinical informatics initiatives.
- Participate and represent your team in team meetings and projects.
- Attend key operational meetings and document attendees, discussion topics, and outcomes
- Five (5) or more years’ relevant experience
- Healthcare experience with hospital information systems/EHRs
- Proficiency in database administration, query and programming languages
- Experience creating visualizations, dashboards, reports
- Visualization software such as Tableau or similar tool
- Proficient with spreadsheets including macros and pivot tables
- Querying databases SQL code
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work effectively with leaders at all levels in an organization
- Excellent active listening skills
- Problem solving using analytical and critical thinking
- Root cause identification skills
- Ability to understand and learn clinical and technology workflows
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to learn how to navigate Meditech and other clinical systems
If you are interested in learning more about the position, please contact Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860.