Sr Network Engineer
One Park Plaza Nashville, TN 37203
Zycron has joined with a healthcare company in search of a Sr. Network Engineer
This is a direct hire position located in Nashville, TN
Provide Enterprise data networking services, consulting, and support in a fortune 100 company environment with national reach. These responsibilities will require the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert across network technologies, services, and additional related components (as listed for this position). The candidate must provide solutions that meet network requirements and maintain networking service levels.
This position will interact daily with the Availability Center, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing network solutions to meet business requirements. Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy, and maintain complex nation-wide, enterprise WAN/LAN solutions, utilizing best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies. (ie: Fortune 100 experience in network design, deployment and support).
- Lifecycle strategy, planning, and implementation based on vendor and industry best practices and recommendations OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast.
- Engineering consultations of Level III network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software.
- Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns. Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning. IP addressing, variable length subnet masking Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. VPLS, MPLS, Private Line) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to 10gb, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 10gb Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
- Design and support for network security technologies and products (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint)
- Setting network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming
- Training/Mentoring peers and other IT&S staff Project Management and problem management skill sets Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements
- Act as a technical lead for other engineers during projects, ensuring work is being completed accurately and on-time
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to I-Ching Chu, firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 615-964-5784 or 615-243-3121
Job ID Number: 53880 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.