Software Quality Assurance Engineer II
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Zycron is hiring a Software Quality Assurance Engineer II for a Contract role in Pittsburgh, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review product design requirements and software requirements to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Design, develop, and execute test protocols for functional SW verification for intricate robotic surgical systems.
- Create test tools that facilitate data gathering, post processing and test method execution.
- Log issues found within the issue tracking system; work with software and cross-functional teams to debug.
- Support manufacturing by verifying fixture software or any software used during production.
- Design new ways that satisfy business needs (improve product quality, improve test efficiency to shorten timelines and reduce costs)
- Develop tests and scripts that automate the testing process at a system level and unit level
- Analyze test data, identify non-conformance trends, generate concise executive summaries, and recommend design improvements
- Contribute to the strategy for reliability assessment and verification of robotic surgical systems and instruments
- 5+ years of experience in software quality engineering
- Working well in a collaborative, fast paced, multidisciplinary environment, and thriving under the pressure of doing something meaningful and needed
- Applying a troubleshooting mind set, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of C,C++, OS: Linux, windows strongly preferred
- Experience working with commercial test automation tools
- Experience with Git, defect tracking tools (e.g. Bugzilla) and continuous improvement methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related fields preferred, or commensurate experience
- Significant experience with V&V for medical
- Practical experience with 3D Geometry and Kinematics
- Experience with complex embedded systems/robotics and real time operating systems, and/or experience with Linux and QNX is a plus.
- Experience with software development for robotics, electromechanical systems, motion control
- Experience with Matlab or Octave
- Experience with CAD or other Modelling tools
- Experience with GUI development
- Experience as SQA lead for a commercial product
- Experience with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304, and familiarity with FDA GMP.
- Demonstrated ability to increase product testability
- Demonstrated experienced in building test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience testing hardware devices, especially in mechanical or robotic systems
- Experience in medical device verification and validation, and requirements for regulatory approval
- An in-depth knowledge of failure mode root cause analysis and standard statistical techniques
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Tavis Terry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID Number: 17201 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.