Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Nashville, TN | Contract to Hire
Zycron is hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for a contract to hire opportunity in Nashville, TN.
Work authorization status - U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, maintain, and administer a suite of automated tests based on existing test scripts to assure the quality of existing functionality on the regular basis.
- Focus on the continuous administration of the regression tests for designated applications and report about the state of quality at any given time throughout projects.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the overall automation framework, within which the regression tests are administered.
- Incorporate automation within the regular sprints of the program.
- Design and implement test automation solution based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications. [15%]
- Develop appropriate automation test strategies and automated test scripts, in coordination with the functional test strategy, including identifying data requirements and generate required test data subsequently. [50%]
- Execute automated functional, regression, and system tests for the core application and report test results and quality status accordingly. Update test cases as needed. [15%]
- Train other QA personnel in test automation. [10%]
- Coordinates with other teams to maintain the test environment. [10%]
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent work experience, and 2+ years of development experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, e.g. M.S. degree plus 2 years of relevant experience
- You MUST be eligible to obtain a US DoD security clearance
- Expert knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object oriented design/development
- Experience with C# and Visual Studio required
- Solid understanding of Window based systems, messaging protocol, hardware interface and databases
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard Quality Assurance methodologies and their practical application
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Thorough understanding of the defect management life cycle process and industry standard defect tracking tool
- Exposure to Load/Performance/Stress test
- Understanding of hardware, software, database, and QA standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to be equally productive working individually or with a team
Please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more about this opportunity.