Site Support Technician
Plano, TX 75024
Zycron, a division of BG Staffing Inc. in Dallas, offers full benefits with their contract roles. Benefit highlights include 3 weeks' paid vacation, 6 Federal Holidays, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k) with matching and weekly compensation.
**No Corp. to Corp. (C2C) or Sponsorship at this time**
“Everything we produce is a result of the hard work and talent of our people. We strive to create a company with the best and brightest employees who share our belief in respect for people, quality, and that there is always a better way to achieve our goals. Let’s go places!" - Toyota
Although this is a contract role, growth and advancement is obtainable. Contract roles "tend" to go on indefinitely, however just like any job, it's not guaranteed. Our experience with Toyota has had us witness some of our contractors being offered FTE opportunities or in other cases our contractors have applied for FTE roles through their access to the Toyota intranet.
Toyota current has a need for a resource to be responsible for installation and troubleshooting desktop, laptop, printer, Server, LAN and WAN environment.
What are the key objectives for this resource (project summary)?
- Support workload typically 70% end-user HW/SW, 30% infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities are required.
- Candidate will be required to setup, configure, troubleshooting of desktop and laptop (Lenovo, Panasonic), mobile devices (smartphones-tablets) printers and plotters.
- Responsible for on-going support of Windows operating systems and Windows applications (example: Outlook, Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project)
- Responsible for maintaining a standard image provided by the Corporate office on user laptops, desktops and peripheral devices which may include smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Requires experience with working directly with customers and development and support of projects.
- Responsible for local coordination, installation and ongoing support of various Manufacturing and Administrative computer systems.
- Client-side support: PC HW/SW installation and troubleshooting, Printers, Bar code scanners, Video conference, mobile computing and communication devices.
- Server support (Windows/Unix), Active Directory administration, implementation/refresh of server hardware and network infrastructure.
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting & administration of Cisco multilayer switched networks, servers and data center infrastructure.
- Ability to provide issue resolution off-hours as needed, both onsite & remotely
- Provide detailed, clear daily and weekly status & timely problem reports.
- Coordination with Regional/Local IS teams and 3rd party vendors to support IS projects, incidents and requests.
- Manage and prioritize Incident and Request tickets.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Microsoft SCCM.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Microsoft’s Application Compatibility Toolkit.
- Experience using the remote-control features of Microsoft’s SCCM a plus.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
- Rotating shifts - Schedule based on work time schedule changes, may require working 45-50 hours/week. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call coverage.
- Ability to climb ladders and staircases to access IT equipment.
- Must be able to support end-user equipment and infrastructure distributed in a 2.6M sq. ft. facility.
- Previous experience supporting a large corporate, manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Business and Mission Critical applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging tools (SCCM), diagnosis and remote-control tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Server 2008/2012, VMWare, Active Directory Policy and Security management, Linux/UNIX, MS Office suite, Outlook, ITEL Base Management Tool and other standard office environment applications is required.
- Working knowledge/experience supporting Multifunction printing devices, laser and impact printers, bar code printers & scanners, Smartphones, tablets and PDA hardware and software.
- Working knowledge/experience supporting Hardware for servers, data backup libraries and SAN/NAS.
- Experience in Service Management, Change Mgmt., Outage & Problem Management and other ITIL-based best practices.
- Working knowledge of Cisco standard protocols and other technologies including but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, Cisco Works, management of IOS & CATOS code backup/configuration/restore
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging tools (SCCM), network diagnosis tools and remote control tools.
- Data Center and site infrastructure (Power/UPS, HVAC, cabling, etc.) knowledge/proficiency is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice over IP hardware/software/server operation/configuration is preferred.
- A+ and Lenovo/HP PC repair certifications are preferred.
- SQL Server database administration (backups, security, monitoring, etc.) knowledge is a plus.
- Strong Project Management skills a plus.
- MCSE and another certifications a plus.
- Shift Rotation is Very Important – They need to be able to cover different shifts – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Must have hands on Troubleshooting Desktop Support Skills
- Must be able to Configure and Deploy Network Switches
- Must be able to Troubleshoot a Server
This is a Rotating Shift. Shift Rotates Monthly
- 5AM - 1:45PM; 1st shift
- 1PM - 9:45PM; 2nd shift
- 9PM - 545AM; 3rd shift
Other important skills
- Cisco Networking
- Ethernet Networking
- Microsoft Windows 7 Technical Skills
- Technical Support - IT/Network
- Technical Support Processes
- Windows 2012 Server Administration
- Windows 2012 Server Installation
- Windows 2010 Technical Skills - site migrating to Win10 later this year.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Patrick Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID Number: 676946 (Please reference in call or email)
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.