Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
Nashville, TN | Contract to Hire
Zycron is looking for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. This position will work with other technicians, business analysts, and business owners to understand requirements and identify solutions.
What you'll do:
5% Physical database design, construction, & implementation using current database technology
5% Collaborative design & development with programmers and business analysts
15% Problem analysis, diagnosis, and implementation of resolutions
15% Performance monitoring & tuning
30% On-call support for production systems, jobstreams, and processes
10% Database backup (archive) & recovery
5% Business continuity planning
5% Capacity planning, monitoring, and upgrade implementation
10% Software upgrade planning and implementation
What you'll have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with lean/agile development is considered a plus, as this will be an increasingly common approach.
- Ability to define and gain adoption of best practice techniques.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Demonstrated performance monitoring and tuning ability, including an aptitude to lead the diagnosis and resolution of performance problems within a large-scale, complex infrastructure.
- Expertise is one or more of the following: database partitioning, database compression, data encryption, replication, disaster recovery.
- Expertise in configuration and administration of database security.
- Knowledge of all facets of database administration through the complete application development project life cycle (requirements definition, design, implementation, and operational support).
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time, cost and infrastructure required to successfully deliver the database requests. Provide technical specifications.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems and technologies. Define a RDBMS software roadmap.
- Ability to lead team projects.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.