Senior Project Manager
Nashville, TN | Contract
Zycron has a great opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with our health care client in Nashville, TN. This is a contract though the end of the year with likely extension or conversion to permanent with the client.
Our Senior Project Managers are innovative individuals who use creativity and stakeholder partnerships to deliver business value. Senior Project Managers manage projects and/or programs with significant interdependencies and communicate across multiple channels including IT&S, Clinical and Business Operations, to define an initiative’s scope, schedule and budget. Senior Project Managers have ownership from initiation, to development of the defined results through deployment of the product, including turnover to the appropriate systems support and user support organizations. As a recognized leader, Senior Project Managers may also be sought after to coach and mentor junior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. Senior Project Manager’s lead a variety of different types of projects including launch of new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Single accountable party to define, plan, orchestrate, and deliver a given strategic initiative.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Proven ability to lead large-scale, complex projects often involving cross-functional teams, multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, clinical, operational, and IT deliverables.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Leads a continuous risk management process to identify and assess risks, and develop and manage mitigation measures to minimize exposure to projects and the business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, routinely briefs key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Facilitates key project meetings.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Publishes periodic project status reports.
- Proposes recommendations, adjustments and process improvements to achieve success.
- Trains Executive Sponsor/ Business Owner and other project team members on roles and responsibilities.
- Onboard Project Manager I’s to the Strategy Execution team.
- Facilitates core Strategy Execution processes for the greater organization.
- Mentors Project Manager I and II’s
- Trains Project Management concepts within the community of practice
- Reinforces Project Management technical skills and best practices
- Team leadership
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Moral Courage
- Stakeholder partnership
- Understand strategic imperatives
- Cross-functional knowledge
- Financial responsibility
- Risk management
- Process re-engineering
- Strong Customer Orientation
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; lead and inspire teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Servant Leadership; a leader who considers the needs of the team over his/her own.
- Ability at building strong and positive relationships with the project team and key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication capability and presentation skills; persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring; the ability to listen and understand.
- Exhibits influencing and negotiating skills.
- Displays business and technical acumen.
- Focused and versatile team player; comfortable under pressure.
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Project management skills including knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Healthcare Information Technologies
- Master's Degree Preferred
- PMP Preferred
- Agile Project Management and Scrum Certification preferred
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-645-9860.