Senior Project Manager
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Zycron has joined with a large utilities company in search of a Senior Project Manager.
This person will be managing multiple IT projects, including Infrastructure replacement of Wireless Systems, Storage & Backup systems, and other Data center appliances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The senior project manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects according to specifications, within budget cost from initiation through completion.
- The senior project manager leads joint project teams (jpts), applies professional principles, practices and techniques to lead project teams and control project schedule, cost and performance risk to ensure project is completed within a certain set of restraints (e.g., time, budget, people, quality, materials) and a high level of quality.
- This role is generally assigned large multifaceted projects.
- The senior project manager is the single point of contact regarding a specific project and assumes the leadership role in safely managing the project.
- Budget responsibility - capability to manage large project budget over $25 million, or a portfolio of projects that have an aggregate total over $75 million for all active projects assigned.
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by certification/licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required (E.G. PE, CPA, CFP, ETC)Education
- Requires ten years utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience including three years of increased responsibilities leading project teams and project management experience.
- Requires specialized in-depth knowledge of project management techniques, experience to resolve in-depth problems, and practical experience in project scoping and cost estimating.
- Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
- Certification/License, etc - Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) within one year of appointment or assuming the Senior PM position. (See SPP-34.018 for exception/extension of one year timeframe.)
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by Certification/Licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required (e.g. PE, CPA, CFP, etc)
- Project management qualifications are governed by SPP-34.018, Project Manager Training and Development. SPP 34.018 covers leadership competencies, such as communication skills, business acumen, problem solving and other related competencies required for project management professionals.
- Personnel assigned to manage projects must have the skills, ability and experience commensurate with the size and complexity of the project.
- Training should be completed as identified in SPP 34.018 unless formally exempted by the candidates manager because of equivalent work experience.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, business management, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Masters degree preferred but not required.
- Travel required 25%, Skill and experience in Infrastructure replacement of Wireless Systems, Storage & Backup systems, and other Data center appliances.
- Strong Financial skills and People-IQ relating to Project management activities and documentation. PMP required.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Jennifer Wollin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID Number: 17032 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.