Senior Project Manager
Chattanooga, TN | Contract
Zycron has a Senior Project Manager opportunity. This job is located in Chattanooga TN.
- Multifaceted role that interfaces with various stakeholders across projects.
- Incumbents are responsible for embedding organizational change management practices in the organization's projects and structured work efforts to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- This role is responsible for leading, directing, coordinating and providing visibility into the organization's change management efforts.
- The candidate needs to have significant experience in creating change management strategies and work streams that maximize employee adoption and business benefit.
- Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Employ a structured change management methodology to create conditions for a smooth transition to change and promote maximum enthusiasm to adapt to the change.
- Prepare for change by assessing the magnitude of change and the organization's change readiness.
- Conduct thorough methodological investigations to identify key stakeholders impacted by the change and when the timing of that change will be.
- Create a communication plan or roadmap to ensure all employees are fully aware of the impending changes.
- Promote the business vision with a benefit framework that links adoption to change to successful project delivery and business outcome.
- Create tailored change management plans with respect to training and orientation to accommodate the needs of different stakeholder groups impacted by the change.
- Identify "landmines" and potential points of resistance, and develop counterstrategies to mitigate or minimize potential resistance.
- Conduct a gap analysis, and promptly address doubts and uncertainty surrounding the change to foster a positive acceptance of change.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring around good change management practices to senior leadership and project managers to increase their effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
- Account for all events that impact employees, and regularly review ongoing changes to create a heat map to identify too much change and potential change fatigue.
- Solicit feedback to assess the success of the change management activities and behavior changes so that they align with strategic objectives.
- Lead the establishment of a community of change agents and/or evangelists to put a face on change, and leverage trusted informal leaders to create understanding among employees and influence successful organizational change.
- Work with HR to create mechanisms to demotivate old behaviors and incentivize the desired ones.
- This may involve redesigning jobs and defining behavioral competencies and performance metrics. (Dennis – this is a leading practice but I have not seen this done here yet so may want to remove)
- Primary Contacts • Project managers • Program managers • IT leadership team and staff • Business unit executives • End users Experience •
- Track record of successful organizational change management with achieving identified strategic business objectives and benefits •
- Ten or more years of experience in IT and business/industry •
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, which are essential for interacting with key stakeholders at all levels across the project to manage, inform and influence successful project outcomes
- Experience and deep knowledge of change management methodologies, approaches and tools
- Good working knowledge of industry-standard project management methodologies and project life cycles highly desirable
- Expertise in setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Deep understanding of the impact of change, and the interdependencies with and impact on the business
- Possesses a distinctive blend of business acumen, preferably in the utility industry