Senior Project Manager
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a Senior Project Manager opportunity. This job is with a large client located in Chattanooga TN.
Candidates for this position should have no fewer than 10 years of experience in functional project management roles, directly managing projects that involve the internal design, development, and delivery of custom software applications. Prior experience in an it pmo leadership role is helpful. Candidates should have experience as functional project managers, not program managers.
- The senior project manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects according to specifications, within budget cost from initiation through completion.
- This role is generally assigned large multifaceted projects.
- The senior project manager is the single point of contact regarding a specific project and assumes the leadership role in safely managing the project.
- Budget responsibility — capability to manage large project budget over $25 million, or a portfolio of projects that have an aggregate total over $75 million for all active projects assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.certification/license, etc — project management institute (pmi) certification as project management professional (pmp) within one year of appointment or assuming the senior pm position.
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by certification/licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required (e.g. pe, cpa, cfp, etc)
- Requires ten years utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience including three years of increased responsibilities leading project teams and project management experience.
- Requires specialized in-depth knowledge of project management techniques, experience to resolve in-depth problems, and practical experience in project scoping and cost estimating. Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
Certification/License, etc —
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) within one year of appointment or assuming the Senior PM position.
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by Certification/Licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required (e.g. PE, CPA, CFP, etc)