Senior Cyber Security Analyst
1101 Market Street Chattanooga, TN 37402-2801
Zycron has a Senior Cyber Security Analyst opportunity. This job is located in Chattanooga TN.
Develops and manages policies and procedures at the corporate and organizational level ensuring agency cyber security reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Researches, analyzes and translates Federal laws, regulations and security industry best practices and determines applicability and impact to incorporating into agency governance in easily understood presentation.
- Facilitates and manages agency-wide security programs designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of cyber assets and data.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the Enterprise Cybersecurity training program through appropriate planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Plans and manages agency-wide cybersecurity projects utilizing innovative concepts and approaches where precedents do not exist, ensuring project resources, cost and schedule are appropriately managed.
Conducts and manages systems security evaluations and reviews including development of systems security plans, implementation and maintenance of risk assessments, management of the security authorization of systems, and development and maintenance of security categorizations.
- Coordinates, prepares and manages formal responses to cybersecurity inquires from internal and external authorities such as the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and General Accounting Office (GAO).
- Prepares agency reports for internal and external audiences including audiences at a federal level.
- Communicates directly, independently and with appropriate authority with program management on cyber security issues.
- Represents Enterprise Information Security and Policy on agency-wide projects and provides support to various committees (which often include officers of the agency) that have been established to resolve key cybersecurity issues and federal regulations or recommended guidance [Federal Information Security Act of 2002 (FISMA), National Institute of Standards (NIST), etc.]
- Responds to incident investigations, performs triage activities, and utilizes structured methodologies to prevent, detect respond to threats.
- Supports control and vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- Develops security processes, work instructions and incident action plans to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
- Recommends security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
Education – Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
Experience - Three or more years experience in operational security, governance or information system auditing.
Certification/License, etc — None required; CISSP, COMPTIA Security +, preferred
- Intermediate information security understanding.
- Broad knowledge of business functions and related security needs.
- Demonstrated competencies in analysis. teamwork, customer service, planning/organization, flexibility, stress tolerance and communication.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of performing most assignments with limited supervision.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to research, evaluate and make recommendations as to policy applicability.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of organizations, policies and operations.
- Must have ability to work harmoniously with peers, customers and executives.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Job ID Number: 64769 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycon, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com