SQL Server DBA
140 Crescent Drive Memphis, Tennessee 38017
Zycron has joined with a large company in search of an SQL/Oracle DBA.
This is a permanent position located in Memphis, TN.
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing analytical and operational support for the database environment including all aspects of database administration, analysis and design, installation and configuration, performance monitoring and tuning, database security, backup, recovery planning, capacity planning, and troubleshooting. In this role, the DBA will work with architecture, application development and operations teams to meet current and future business objectives.
This position is part of the Global I.T. Team dedicated to providing world class technology and services to users around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards; create and maintain documentation as it relates to configurations
- Works with business and IT partners to eliminate system and application inefficiencies by identifying and resolving routine problems through utilization of various database analysis tools and monitoring of the system to ensure an efficient operation environment.
- Develop, manage, test and tune back-up and recovery plans, SQL Server Replication and High Availability solutions
- Refine physical design of databases to meet storage requirements. Architects and analyzes the organization' s database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage
- Work with compliance group to ensure databases meet audit and security standards
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Automate processes with tools internal and external to SQL Server
- Work closely with developers and BI team in writing T-SQL and optimizing database access
- Patch, upgrade, and migrate SQL Server instances.
- Support for Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity of DB system
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with company software systems
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience with setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting databases in a High Availability environment.
- Experience on performance monitoring and tuning.
- Must have strong understanding of information security principles and practices as it relates to data administration, storage, transmission, retention and utilization of data.
- Be flexible, self-motivated, proactive and results oriented
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests to ensure timely response to the users
- Establish and maintain a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed for system changes and deployments.
- Provide 24x7 on call support.
Experience and Education
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 5+ years of database (Microsoft SQL 2012-latest version )
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL is a plus
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge
- Well versed on performance troubleshooting and tuning
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Vicki Clinton, email@example.com
Job ID Number: 53183 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com