Quality Assurance Engineer
Franklin, TN | Direct Hire
Zycron has a Direct Hire opportunity for a QA Automation Engineer with our client in Franklin, TN. We are the only provider in the industry with a robust card-less RFID solution, and we have recently expanded our products to become a full-service payment solutions provider. We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable salesperson to join our dynamic team and lead sales efforts in our Midwest region. We offer a full benefits package including: competitive salary and commissions, paid holidays, 3 weeks’ vacation, employer paid medical insurance, and 401(k) match. If you desire a permanent position in an exciting environment with lots of opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please send us your resume.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for automated and as required, manual tests to support business initiatives. This QA Engineer will be a pivotal member of an Agile Scrum team working closely with Developers, Product Owners, Scrum Master, and Business Analysts to drive a successful testing strategy, and ensuring that applications conform to their requirements and quality risks are minimized. This position also works in collaboration with all QA Analysts to meet the testing objectives of the organization and make continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage. The successful candidate will be comfortable with fast-paced environments and be committed to developing high-quality products aimed at providing a high level of customer value.
- Develop testing approach that support continuous integration.
- Determine if acceptance criteria are clear, concise, testable and meets stakeholder expectations by participating in grooming sessions and reviewing of user stories.
- Coordinate with Product Owner and Business Analyst to develop test cases/scripts for new feature set in existing applications and for new applications.
- Deployment of artifacts to test environment.
- Ensure that manual/automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
- Design and develop, automation scripts using Selenium/Java and analyze automation test results.
- Review automated tests of peers and provide suggestions to improve the quality and efficiency of the tests.
- Monitor issues identified during testing and mitigate/escalate issues as necessary.
- Logging and tracking of bugs in a defect tracking tool.
- Maintain automated regression suites to be compliant with changing requirements and features
- Assist in shaping the overall QA process by suggesting improvements, best practices, and new approaches to testing workflow.
- Perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer or related position in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of relational database technology and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with test and project management tools such as TestRail, Jira or a similar tool.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins and GIT.
- Experience writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes using Java or C#.
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and techniques as they emerge.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines.
- Working knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies, standards and best practices and understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG.
- Experience with Restful Web Services is a plus.
- Experience within trucking related industry is a plus.
- A passion for coding, specifically designing validation and testability into code.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or 5 years relevant work experience
What we Use:
- IBM DB2
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Selenium WebDriver
Reply to Bob King at email@example.com