QA Automation Engineer
Franklin, TN 37067
Zycron has joined has joined with a software development company in search of an Automation Engineer.
This is a direct-hire position located in Franklin, TN. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for automated and as required, manual tests to support business initiatives. This QA Engineer will be a pivotal member of an Agile Scrum team working closely with Developers, Product Owners, Scrum Master, and Business Analysts to drive a successful testing strategy, and ensuring that applications conform to their requirements and quality risks are minimized. This position also works in collaboration with all QA Analysts to meet the testing objectives of the organization and make continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage. The successful candidate will be comfortable with fast-paced environments and be committed to developing high-quality products aimed at providing a high level of customer value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop testing approach that support continuous integration.
- Determine if acceptance criteria are clear, concise, testable and meets stakeholder expectations by participating in grooming sessions and reviewing of user stories.
- Coordinate with Product Owner and Business Analyst to develop test cases/scripts for new feature set in existing applications and for new applications.
- Deployment of artifacts to test environment.
- Ensure that manual/automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
- Design and develop, automation scripts using Selenium/Java and analyze automation test results.
- Review automated tests of peers and provide suggestions to improve the quality and efficiency of the tests.
- Monitor issues identified during testing and mitigate/escalate issues as necessary.
- Logging and tracking of bugs in a defect tracking tool.
- Maintain automated regression suites to be compliant with changing requirements and features
- Assist in shaping the overall QA process by suggesting improvements, best practices, and new approaches to testing workflow.
- Perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer or related position in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of relational database technology and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with test and project management tools such as TestRail, Jira or a similar tool.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins and GIT.
- Experience writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes using Java or C#.
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and techniques as they emerge.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines.
- Working knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies, standards and best practices and understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG.
- Experience with Restful Web Services is a plus.
- Experience within trucking related industry is a plus.
- A passion for coding, specifically designing validation and testability into code.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Stephanie Love, email@example.com
Job ID Number: 16551 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.