Procurement Specialist IV
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred with Major in Accounting, Finance, Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- C.P.M. or CPSM from the Institute of Supply Management is preferred.
- Five (5) or more years experience with increasing responsibilities in a traditional planning / buying role required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Federal or state government procurement knowledge preferred
- Two (2) years or more project management experience preferred
- Proven Customer and supplier relationship building skills
- Strong leadership qualities including effective interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Strong persuasive written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong multi-tasking and organizational capabilities, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and time management skills required.
- Highly skilled at contract negotiations.
- Ability to plan strategically and handle multiple assignments while supporting daily tactical activities on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Procurement experience with ERP systems required.
- Ability to recognize and use discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to travel local, regionally, nationally as needed not expected to be > 10% of time.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing procurement/supply chain education.
- Proficient with MS Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and internet.
Responsibilities: General Summary
The Procurement Specialist IV is a strategic lead role and will support the identification, development and execution of category strategies including, but not limited to, IT Hardware and Software, professional services, contract labor, marketing products and services, medical management services, facilities, etc. This position will develop relationships and effectively communicate our strategies to vendors, support operations and internal business partners. The Procurement Specialist IV will be an experienced level procurement professional that requires minimal direction and supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate all aspects of strategic sourcing consisting of cross functional strategy development, supply market analysis, RF(x) creation and analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementations.
- Identify and deliver cost containment/reduction opportunities.
- Develop and build relationships with key internal stakeholders and endeavor to understand the critical operational components to support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing.
- Review Procurement related contracts, agreements, purchase terms & conditions and acceptable obligations, managed risks, and compliance to policies, procedures, and requirements (including customer requirements).
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the suppliers reputation and history.
- Serve as a leader in managing supplier relationships and driving optimal supplier performance.
- Lead supplier business reviews by working with suppliers and internal stakeholders to validate results and create action plans for improving performance.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy of description of products and services, and makes referral to departmental specifications for acceptance, as well as, prepare purchase orders and submits the order package (quote, contract, PO) to the supplier.
- Participate in special assignments in support of procurement operations.
- Educates, mentors and coaches subordinates