Principal Project Manager
Call for Rate Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a Principal Project Manager opportunity. This job is with a large client located in Chattanooga TN.
This person will actively manage multi-discipline teams including internal and external resources to define and achieve project performance goals, schedule and budget performance.
- Supervisory position who will lead a dedicated, multi-disciplined team assigned to the project.
- Capability to manage mega project budget over $200 million.
- Lead, direct and manage projects from initial planning stages to completion, including post-project analysis in compliance with all processes and procedures.
- Actively manages multi-discipline teams including internal and external resources to define and achieve project performance goals, schedule and budget performance.
- Develop full-scale project plans including project scope, accurate and reliable cost estimates, goals and deliverables, and effectively communicates project expectations to management, end users and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Proactively communicates project status, issues and risks to management.
- Defines, estimates and secures resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Integrates sound cost estimating practices into project plans.
- Prepare budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes to meet changing requirements, where necessary.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using formal processes and appropriate tools, such as project management software.
- Tracks project progress, milestones and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assesses project issues and identifies solutions to meet project goals.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and develop contingency plans.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project. Issues stop-work order when adverse risk is identified.
- Solves technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project.
- Coordinates with other tva organizations to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensures project-related documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Oversees and coordinates work performed by outside contractors.
- Assigns responsibilities and provides direction and support to project team.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience.
- Works collaboratively with staff to maintain thorough knowledge of project status and ensure communications are precise.
- Ensures qualified experienced personnel, including contractor personnel are assigned to the project.
Education –Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or technical field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Proven experience in “people management” with ability to provide leadership and manage mega projects, potentially diverse teams of managers and senior professional staff.
- Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
- 3-5 years minimum experience managing Agile projects in a project manager role using Scrum and/or SAFe.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by Certification/Licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required (e.g. PE, CPA, CFP, etc)