Principal Project Manager
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a Principal Project Manager opportunity. This job is located with a large client in Chattanooga TN.
Must have experience as the Agile Master Architect and Agile Coach to design and implement agile at companies of a large size.
- Supervisory responsibility — supervisory position who will lead a dedicated, multi-disciplined team assigned to the project.
- Budget responsibility — capability to manage mega project budget over $200 million. Lead, direct and manage projects from initial planning stages to completion, including post-project analysis in compliance with all processes and procedures.
- Actively manages multi-discipline teams including internal and external resources to define and achieve project performance goals, schedule and budget performance.
- Develop full-scale project plans including project scope, accurate and reliable cost estimates, goals and deliverables, and effectively communicates project expectations to management, end users and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner. Proactively communicates project status, issues and risks to management.
- Defines, estimates and secures resources needed to achieve project goals. Integrates sound cost estimating practices into project plans.
- Prepare budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes to meet changing requirements, where necessary.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using formal processes and appropriate tools, such as project management software.
- Tracks project progress, milestones and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met appropriately. Assesses project issues and identifies solutions to meet project goals.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and develop contingency plans.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project.
- Issues stop-work order when adverse risk is identified.
- Solves technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project.
- Coordinates with other organizations to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensures project-related documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
Oversees and coordinates work performed by outside contractors.
- Assigns responsibilities and provides direction and support to project team.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience.
- Works collaboratively with staff to maintain thorough knowledge of project status and ensure communications are precise.
- Ensures qualified experienced personnel, including contractor personnel are assigned to the project.
Education –bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
Experience – requires fifteen years utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience. Proven experience in “people management” with ability to provide leadership and manage mega projects, potentially diverse teams of managers and senior professional staff. Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
Certification/license, etc — project management institute (pmi) certification as project management professional (pmp). Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by certification/licensure in professional field of study preferred but not required.