Network Engineer II
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Zycron has joined with a large healthcare company in search of a Network Engineer II.
This is a 6 month contract position located in Chattanooga TN.
Serves as top-level technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all network systems, responsible for their overall security, integrity, and reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Seven (7) or more years experience as a full-time networking professional. (Network technologies will be listed at time of posting based on area position is to support).
- Extensive experience in the analysis and design of enterprise networks, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Palo Alto firewall experience is a must.
- Oversees the implementation of network system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all network systems are executed in accordance with I&O policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems.
- Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test restorations.
- Ensures that the business recovery plan for network systems adequately addresses requirements and established time frames.
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution.
- Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to network services and systems, ensuring their conformance with industry-defined best practices.
- Oversees the maintenance of all operating records and coordinates the production of network systems and services management reports, ensuring the accuracy of the data and the relevance of report metrics.
- Provides general oversight of all network systems projects.
- May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
- Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Scrimmins@zycron.com
Job ID Number: 17089 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.