Network Engineer / Sr. Level
Nashville, TN 37203 | Contract
Zycron has an immediate opening for a Senior Wireless Engineer. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. No C2C or sponsorship available.
- Assist with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support of hardware and software to support the division network. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring routers, switches, and circuits for failures and recommending corrective action.
- Assist with the creation, implementation, and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
- Assist with maintenance and support of division and facility-level network security equipment, including but not limited to: network equipment, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
- Mentors and trains division Network Administrators and Associate Network Administrators, as needed.
- Participates in facility-based IT project planning, as needed.
- Effectively works with division and corporate personnel to ensure that division priorities and standards are achieved. This includes, but is not limited to: Customer Support, corporate Network Engineering, corporate Security, and external vendors to support division and facility operations.
- 4+ years of experience with data networking technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems is preferred
- Good working knowledge of the following: Supported networks, data architecture, applicable technologies and vendor products, security systems, and utilities
- Firewall, router, switch hardware and software knowledge
- Network and routing topology knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of diagnostic techniques, applicable communication protocols and hardware configurations statistical and analytical tools for network monitoring