Network Engineer (PL) (571139)
Plano, TX 75024 | Contract
Our direct client, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, is seeking to hire a Network Engineer (position #571139) located in Plano, TX.
Zycron, a division of BG Staffing in Dallas, can provide full benefits, or no benefits based on your employment needs. Benefit highlights include 3 weeks' paid vacation, holidays, medical, vision, dental, 401k and weekly compensation.
“Everything we produce is a result of the hard work and talent of our people. We strive to create a company with the best and brightest employees who share our belief in respect for people, quality, and that there is always a better way to achieve our goals. Let’s go places!" - Toyota
Although this is a contract role, growth and advancement is obtainable. Contract roles "tend" to go on indefinitely, however just like any job, it's not guaranteed. Our experience with Toyota has had us witness some of our contractors being offered FTE opportunities or in other cases our contractors have applied for FTE roles through their access to the Toyota intranet.
NETWORK ENGINEER candidate is responsible for the technical specification evaluations, recommendations and network designs for the enterprise’s networks. This encompasses all areas of enterprise wide connectivity, both LAN/Wireless, WAN, ISE/NAC and Data Center Architecture, that will include system configuration, troubleshooting, security, and resource monitoring to support the corporate business plan/roadmap.
- Assists Information Technology management in designing and building the enterprise’s computing networks including data centers, wide area, local area, and value added components where applicable.
- Analyzes and evaluates technical requirements and specifications for the seamless integration of enterprise wide Network resources.
- Interface with North American Business users and develop standards based solutions to meet business demands for LAN, Data Center, and Campus platforms.
- Supports the planning and installation of computer equipment and networks.
- Troubleshoot and fix LAN/Data Center Wireless related issues
Prepares designs layouts and configurations as a normal part of project assignments.
Improves customer satisfaction in reliability, availability, and cost of network service.
Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, vendor contracts and detail systems design.
- Delivers the appropriate level of documentation to support recommendations. Makes recommendations continually on changes in hardware and network configuration to improve
- delivery of service.
Supports company-wide communication and network solutions. Able to multitask in a high-pressured situation, and extensive troubleshooting knowledge in routing and switching.
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Engineer, supporting large and complex multi-site environments
- 3+ years’ experience with wide and local area networks including experience with common-carrier data networks.
- 3+ years’ experience in data center architecture and network design.
- Experience designing, installing and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies and standards.
- Experience configuring and installing routers and switches, experience analyzing network capacity and security, and experience translating business requirement into a solution.
- In depth knowledge of CISCO Networking technologies, including Nexus Switches, NXOS, Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and 9000 series.
- CatOS, iOS, 6509,6800, 4500, and 3750X switch lines.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in campus LAN and WAN environments.
- Knowledge of CISCO Wireless networking technology, including ISE configuration and management.
- Deep understanding of the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, RSTP.
- Hands on experience working on ACI architecture solution/troubleshooting
- Current & Valid Cisco Professional Certification (CCNP – Routing and Switching or CCDP)
- Hands on experience designing, configuring and deploying Cisco Nexus 7xxx, 9xxx & Catalyst switches in a complex plant floor, office & warehouse environment.
- Hands on experience with Data Center automation with Cisco Nexus Platform and use of ACI, and Software Defined Network technologies on the Nexus 9k platforms.
- Implementation of network extensions protocols such as VXLAN, OTV, LISP or other similar technologies to achieve highly available Data Center locations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of demonstrated functional work experience in plant floor, office and warehouse environments include experience with Enterprise level routing and switching, OSPF/BGP protocol experience, Spanning tree, VLAN, VXLAN, Fabric Path, and other layer 2 switching experience, Layer 3 routing experience.
- Understanding of commonly used protocols and services (e.g. SSL, TCP/UDP, HTTP, FTP/SFTP, NTP, Telnet, NFS, SSH, LDAP, etc.).
- High-level teaming and communication skills to influence and persuade others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current industry trends in Enterprise/Data Center LAN architecture and solutions, including knowledge of Cisco Solutions such as Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 3k & 2k systems Catalyst Switches, Nexus Switches, Spanning-Tree protocols & OSPF routing protocol