Manual QA Analyst
Nashville, TN 37203
Zycron has joined with a large software development company in search of a Manual QA Analyst. The position is responsible for conducting tests of internally developed and externally integrated software applications. The candidate will participate in projects and work closely with the other employees to perform the QA function to ensure that the project conforms to the requirements set forth in the project specification documents.
The candidate will be required to review functional requirements to assess their impact on the software applications and formulate test cases. The candidate will create written test plans and execute test cases. Other tasks will include reporting defects and assisting developers and other technicians to troubleshoot problems.
This is a full-time position in Nashville, TN and is not available for sponsorship.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience with knowledge of SDLC with demonstrated QA skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of business administration, computer science, management information systems similar industry or equivalent additional experience required
- Advanced knowledge and experience in test design, development, and execution of test cases, in support of software and hardware solutions is preferred
- Understanding of database, hardware, software, and QA standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exposure to automated test tool is preferred but not required
- Experience using Seapine, TFS or similar testing tools/suites preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test projects assigned, including participates in SDLC activities, such as backlog grooming sessions, design and prototype review sessions, develops test plans and test cases, prepares and maintains test data, executes tests, reports and tracks defects, assists developers in defects resolution, compiles test results for reporting. [40%]
- Assists or guides less experienced QA analyst in test case development and execution [20%]
- Maintain test case and document test related information in Wiki page [15%]
- Assists in the user acceptance testing [10%]
- Develops and runs the regression tests [10%]
- Coordinates with other teams to maintains the test environment [5%]
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Stephanie Love, email@example.com
Job ID Number: 17177 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you. Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.