Manager of Network Storage
Franklin, TN | Direct Hire
Zycron has a great opportunity for a Manager of Network Storage with our client in Brentwood, TN. This is full time direct hire with our health care client. The successful candidate will have in depth technical knowledge and will also manage the consolidated network and storage (and backup engineering) teams. The company environment will soon be shifting to a software defined environment, so candidates experienced with software defined technologies are preferred. No contract, no CTC, no vendors, no visa sponsorship available for this position. Direct hire only.
The Manager of Network Storage will possess at least 10 years of experience and will rely upon extensive experience to plan and accomplish tasks and may lead multiple layers of resources. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Understand the technologies and manage the team of engineers (Cisco, EMC, Palo Alto are the primary technologies falling under this role).
- Must have the ability to create, assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner via text-based, technical data flows and diagrams
- Manage several tasks simultaneously, regularly reviewing priorities to be sure that projects are completed on time
- Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of infrastructure standards documentation as it relates to infrastructure systems design, configuration, support, and engineering processes for end-to-end service offerings Job Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with executives, enterprise-wide and group management, peers, and outside vendors
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities
- Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with limited supervision
- Outstanding customer service skills
- For informational purposes, the technical environment includes:
- 3 tiers within the organization: Support and Operations, Engineering, and Architecture. The Manager of Network Storage falls within the Engineering tier.
- In Support and Operations handles incidents and service requests, project work that comes through engineering which comes through architecture team. Within the Support Organization, there's front office (operating systems and database) and back office (backups, networks and storage). Front office includes any OS - Linux, AIX, Windows, etc.
- Databases include MySQL, Oracle, SQL, DB2, Cache. Back office DPS Suite as backup and EMC as storage. Network wise this is a Cisco shop and for Firewalls is a Palo Alto shop. Citrix and VMWare are used for presentation and virtualization.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Cindy Raleigh at email@example.com or 702-645-9860.