Nashville, TN 37246
Our direct client, Nashville Electric Service (NES), is seeking to hire an Information Architect (position #17252) located in Nashville, TN.
Zycron, a division of BG Staffing Inc. in Dallas, offers full benefits with their contract roles. Benefit highlights include 3 weeks' paid vacation, 6 Federal Holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k) with matching and weekly compensation.
**No Corp. to Corp. (C2C) or Sponsorship at this time**
Why Nashville Electric Service (NES)?
- NES is committed to serving the public with developing its own proprietary applications to help distribute electric services and provide data analytics to its customers in the most efficient way possible.
Why join the Information Technology Department?
- Stability – long-term contract
- Training Budget – 3/4K per employee
- Paid OT
- Consultants have the ability to shape the technical direction of the applications being built
- Buying and building new tools
- Fun atmosphere – monthly events for employees
- Annual raises
- Potential to move into Data Analytics and Architecture
Provide strategic recommendations to optimize the value and security of enterprise information assets via their creation, access, and use, creating a clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Ensure data management systems are testable, maintainable, durable, and secure, support quality performance, and have the flexibility to effectively evolve.
- Establish data governance principles and educate in methods for data quality, consistency, security, and compliance. Have full knowledge of retention requirements and strategies as to serve compliance and litigation efforts. Aid in the establishment of data classifications and data zoning such that federated information assets can be identified and proactively managed.
- Maximize potential benefit derived from data and analytics. Foster value creation using the organization's data assets as well as the external data ecosystem through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies.
- Support business and IT capabilities for managing and integrating unstructured information across internal and external media platforms.
- Create and maintain current-state and target-state data architecture definitions. Define and manage data-centric standards, guidelines and processes.
- Serve as a hands-on researcher recommending emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
- Create proof-of-concepts, prototypes, and white papers as required.
- Serve as a consultant for the pragmatics of data management in software development providing expertise in data modeling and performance tuning.
- Work to identify and eliminate waste and inefficiency in data storage and motion.
- Establish the appropriate uses of replication, consolidation, etl, elt, and data virtualization.
Minimum Experience/Educational Requirements
- Competency in setting data governance scope and priorities including master data management, data stewardship, data standardization, and data quality initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with implementing data and analytics management programs
- System integration experience, including interface design and familiarity with service-oriented architecture patterns. Strong SOA knowledge including OData, event-driven processing, publish/subscribe, etc.
- An understanding of the metamodels, taxonomies, and ontologies associated with big/fast data initiatives
- Experience using Hadoop and Spark-based toolsets including Scala, Python or R scripting
- Expertise with relational database platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Knowledge of modern data curation methods utilizing tagging, catalogs, lineage, and entity recognition
- Experience with the challenges of applying structured techniques to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with data science principles and practices
- Understanding of traditional data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills, including the skill in translating the information architecture contribution to business outcomes into simple briefings.
- Vision to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Extensive background in developing software applications and services.
- Experience with the utilities industry and/or SCADA systems.
- Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Power BI, and other Microsoft stack technologies.
- Use of data wrangling tools such as Paxata and Trifacta
- A background containing leadership role(s) managing architects and/or strategic initiatives
- Expertise in the DevOps provisioning stream and/or delivery pipeline
- TOGAF, CAP, or other applicable certification
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Patrick Ryan, email@example.com.
Job ID Number: 17252 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job.
We look forward to working with you. Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.