Zycron has a Technical Writer opportunity. This job is with a large client located in Chattanooga TN.
This person serves as an information technology (it) technical writer, editor, photographer, publisher, and reviewer for it security and it planning related policies, practices, technical guidance, audits, external responses, requirements, brochures, reports, plans, and presentations (for the purposes of this summary collectively referred to as it documents) using information from various sources and disciplines such as technical experts, websites, technical books, vendor manuals, interviews, logs, comments, and reports.
- The work more specifically includes: responsible for editing and publication of technical reports, articles, alerts, procedures, policies, manuals, presentations, and papers produced by the it security (its) division and the it planning (itp) division.
- May provide services to other information services (is) divisions on an as needed basis.
- This includes coordinating the overall process of finalizing it documents.
- Also includes incorporating review comments and facilitating responses to review questions and comments.
- Edits and/or rewrites various sources of information into a uniform style and language for regulatory compliance.
- Suggests content changes to improve it document usage and readability.
- Edits interim and final drafts for consistency of style, format, terminology, uniformity, continuity, and editorial standards.
- Also reviews for inconsistencies, such as standards of measurement, and makes corrections. Responsible for preparing special features and items (e.g., photographs, powerpoint animation) to be used in it documents.
- Checks final copy of it documents to ensure the proper format has been used and all corrections have been made.
- Coordinates the preparation of it document covers, reproduction, printing, binding, and distribution.
- Develops and maintains a database and archive of published it documents.
- Develops and maintains a database for tracking the status of draft it documents.
- Participates on its, itp, and is teams as assigned to assist in the development of it documents for special projects and activities.
- Prepares high impact presentations in a style suitable for distribution using internet web page format.
- Such presentations may be instructional, informational, or persuasive in nature to meet a wide variety of communication objectives.
- Bachelor degree in the field of communications or the arts and sciences from an accredited college or university with courses in technical writing or equivalent in training and experience.
- Six to twelve years of related experience performing technical writing, research, and editing functions to prepare reports, procedures, policies, and manuals.
- Must have experience with information gathering.
- This includes interviewing a variety of subject matter experts, including engineers, technical support personnel, and/or professional services personnel.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an adp i clearance.
- Work closely with people. Work under pressure.
- Travel as required.Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration