IT Operations Analyst
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a IT Operations Analyst. This job is with a large client located in Chattanooga TN.
Need a candidate who can supplement the current Operations Analyst's knowledge in the following technologies and concepts: Networking, Red Hat, Database Administration, Container technologies, Cloud technologies and Middleware technologies. Candidate preferably has some developer experience as well and can automate complex activities/tasks utilizing PowerShell, Ansible and SCORCH.
- Performs and provides authoritative advice on operations work in support of it infrastructure at all facilities to support administrative and business computing needs.
- Oversees the evaluation of events/alarms from operational tools to ensure effective response practices are employed.
- Develops and enhances event handling process, provides training/coaching as warranted, and performs post mortem reviews for lessons learned.
- Event categories include but not limited to: routers, switches, servers, databases, voice, transport, environmental, backups, cyber security, workstations and data transfer. Serves as the staff advisor and sme for all event management operations tools.
- Leverage the knowledge to train and mentor junior analyst to become more effective.
- Enhance trending, research, and proactive monitoring practices within the workgroup.
- Administrator monitoring tools to maintain, update, and optimize system policies, thresholds, and triggers to provide robust problem detection.
- Develop operational reports that add value to the workgroup (top 10 worst, reoccurring alarms...).
- Represent the event management workgroup in operational and project planning meetings.
- Analyze emergent requirements in the best interest to deliver effective operational readiness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hp operations manager, hp service manager, solar winds, and similar event management tools.
- Itil v3 experience and fully understands service operations processes.
- A bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, business administration or related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, business administration or related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience. Expert knowledge and extensive experience of one or more IT infrastructure technologies such as networking, client server architectures, server and desktop operating systems, databases, server virtualization, storage area networks, messaging, etc.
- Able to work a rotational shift coverage schedule to staff a 24x7 Operation Center.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain a Sensitive, or equivalent security clearance.
- Must be able and willing to assume on-call rotational assignments which may include 24-hour on 7-day per week availability.
- Travel as required to carry out project work or perform temporary duty at other than home-based site which supports both internal and external business on the schedule and shift requirements of those businesses.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Contractor is to function as a technical SME within the team. Position will NOT move through normal shift rotation. Will be restricted to standard 8x5 M-F shift in order to maximize information sharing with the maximum number of personnel.