Field Services Engineer
700 2nd Ave. South Nashville, United States 37219
Zycron has joined has joined with a Civil Company in Search of a Desktop Support Field Engineer. This position performs technical and professional duties involved in the design, installation, and support of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and hardware. This is a 6-month Contract to Hire position in Nashville, Tn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General PC troubleshooting and Break-fix
• Standard inventory updates following pc/assigned user disposition changes
• General Deployment (small quantities as needed)
• Prepare user/analyst knowledge articles for IT service tool
• Mentoring of Analysts (1 and 2)
• Acquire and maintain certifications required for support of Metro hardware and software as directed. (This will be funded in most cases).
• Installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computing devices, peripheral equipment and software.
• Perform advanced network and computing device troubleshooting, remotely where possible.
• Diagnose and resolve complex and enterprise level incidents using documented procedures to perform responsibilities.
• Ensure computing devices interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
• Assess cross-functional needs in cooperation with the customer to determine needs and specifications for purchases.
• Train and orient internal staff as well as customers on use of hardware and software as directed.
• Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts
• Coordinate replacements with Customer Contact, using reports from Inventory Admin
• Assume team lead role for ITS enterprise projects involving Field Services team involvement/deliverables
• Responsible for annual review of all field service Knowledge Articles for accuracy and relativity to current environment
• Responsible for annual review and maintenance of all field service team " how to" process documentation
• Presentations at Department meetings
• Provide new hire process training for all new field services team members within two weeks of new member hiring
• Thorough experience/training supporting Windows 7
• Working knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system
• Experience imaging and deploying desktop, laptop and tablet computers
• Demonstrated experience installing and configuring peripheral devices such as printers in a networked environment.
• Thorough experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting workstations.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID Number: 65745
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience