Director of Accounting/ Assistant Controller
Nashville, TN 37203
Zycron has joined with a large healthcare company in search of a Director of Accounting/ Assistant Controller
This is permanent direct-hire position in Nashville, TN. The Assistant Controller will be directly responsible for the accounting activities. This will include month-end close, revenue recognition practices and operational and statistical reporting. Visioning and implementing transformational system and process improvements will be a significant component of this position. Leading and preparing the accounting staff for transition into the future organization will be key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement transformational system and process improvements for the Research accounting functions.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the monthly close process for all Sarah Cannon entities.
- Ensure that accounting for business transactions conforms to Company and Sarah Cannon policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, review, and compilation of the capital and operating budgets for all Sarah Cannon entities.
- Identify and maintain documentation of key accounting control processes and procedures.
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, Corporate Tax, Group/Division management, and other internal management.
- Oversee the activities of assigned staff ensure they are providing reporting excellence in terms of customer service, timeliness, and quality of deliverables; Provide coaching and direction as required.
- Management, development and training of direct reports and their assigned staff.
- Personal Leadership
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Values Statement.
- Communicate with impact—both written and verbal to effectively communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Complete training assignments by their due dates.
- Team Leadership
- Develop and leverage collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of patients and the growth of the Company.
- Accomplish organizational goals through others; provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase capabilities of individuals and teams; drive employee engagement.
- Strategic Leadership
- Drive plans, decisions and resolve issues through groups or individuals that are in the best interests of patients, colleagues, providers, community and the Company.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation; remove barriers and resistance; enable desired behaviors.
- Operational Leadership
- Drive execution and financial results; challenge others to excel and hold self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to deliver exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Deep understanding of GAAP, particularly healthcare and revenue recognition principles.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and information systems, including integration and implementation.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or other business-related degree is required.
- Master's degree is highly preferred.
- CPA is required.
- 7+ years’ experience of directing the accounting process for a multi-entity organization.
- Healthcare ERP experience required
- Accounting for third party reimbursement.
- Accounting for multi-element contracts.
- Prior experience building and leading a staff.
- Healthcare experience with an outpatient services provider is preferred.
- Public accounting and/or healthcare provider financial operations is preferred.
- Joint venture/partnership accounting is preferred.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Stephanie Love, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID Number: 16835 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government. To learn more about our services, visit www.zycron.com.