Cyber Security Specialist
Chattanooga, TN 37402 | Contract
Zycron has a Cyber Security Specialist opportunity. This job is with a large client located in Chattanooga TN.
This position is responsible for both day to day operational activities related to maintaining fielded security monitoring tools throughout the valley that collect information for the BES in Transmission, Power Operations, and Nuclear and for the execution of Cybersecurity projects related to the expansion of security monitoring services throughout the enterprise.
- This specialist is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the Cybersecurity SAN solutions in a secure manner.
- The position is responsible for upgrading and patching Cisco UCS, EMC and HP 3PAR storage arrays and Fibre Channel switches.
- The position is also responsible for configuration of storage within the arrays, capacity planning and Fibre Channel pathing requirements for the infrastructure.
- To be successful a candidate should some knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory, Virtualization (e.g. ESXi) and some systems administration exposure.
- This position will report to the Manager for Systems and Services under the direction of the Systems and Services team lead.
1. Patches and maintenance on SAN storage arrays
2. Patches and maintenance on Fibre Channel switches and mesh
3. Participate in projects dealing with SAN and Server infrastructure
4. Perform semi-annual capacity management review of all SAN systems
5. Recommends process and system improvements
6. Provides operational monitoring services for SAN infrastructure
7. Recommends SAN systems lifecycle
8. Ensures appropriate maintenance agreements and licensing is kept up-to-date
9. Responsible for Preventative Maintenance on all SAN infrastructure at a minimum of every 12 months
10. Serves as backup systems administrator for the Windows Server Subject Matter Expert
The candidate must have excellent customer service skills, demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision, and be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (or other related field) is desired, but not required for the position. Additional Cybersecurity related certifications desired, (CISSP, Security +, Network +)
Work experience in an information technology related field desired. Up to 10% Travel required.
Ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive and NERC CIP Clearances is required.