Cyber Security Principal Consultant Engineer
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Job Qualifications Education
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience is required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an information security engineer or in related field required
- Able to encourage and promote cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; ability to develop creative solutions in a changing environment are required.
- Organizational skills are required with the ability to oversee multiple projects and priorities required.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading large projects or multiple concurrent medium to large projects required.
- Written and oral communication skills are required to communicate technical concepts in individual, group and large audience settings required
- Ability to Lead projects and produce run-book documentation, including procedures and job-aids required
- CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC-GWEB or similar certifications preferred
Responsibilities: General Summary
The Cyber Security Principal Consulting Engineer guides the implementation and monitoring of enterprise wide security solutions for BCBST. A Cyber Security Principal Consulting Engineer strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of BCBSTs proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats. The Cybersecurity Principal Consulting Engineer is required to maintain a comprehensive understanding of core technologies and services used or provided by BCBST. Develop and maintain relationships throughout the organization to assist Information Security in accomplishing its goals for the enterprise.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Core Security technology Implementation
- Consulting with project teams and BCBST employees regarding corporate leading practices
- Application and platform security design and integration with core security technology
- Incident and problem resolution
- Capacity, Performance, Availability, and System management of core security technologies
- Process development/improvement
- Cybersecurity engineering subject matter expert for ISS and enterprise projects
- Analysis of core application/system security accesses
- Information Systems Security (ISS) project lead responsible for ISS projects
- Identity and access control systems management
- Threat, vulnerability, and risk management
- Web services security configuration and integration
- LDAP and PKI system design and administration
- Develop Security systems engineering and architecture methodologies and standards
- Relational database security configuration
- Operating system security configuration standards development
- MAR/SOC1/SOC2/PCI compliance activities
- System automation and connections through multiple applications/systems
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Preferred experience with Web Application Security (PingAccess)
- Preferred experience with setting up Federations (PingFederate).
- Preferred experience with Web Service security (DataPower).