Associate Database Administrator
Nashville, TN 37246 | Contract
Assists in designing and reviewing database systems; evaluates and recommends changes to database systems; and implements new or revised systems to ensure accuracy, efficiency and adherence to technical standards. Provides some technical assistance to other personnel involved in computer applications development by answering questions, describing techniques and writing procedures. Monitors application systems performance; evaluates information gathered from users, other staff and the review of historical data; recommends changes to database systems to ensure optimal performance and productivity. Performs daily maintenance, tracking and documentation of production database systems including creating and scheduling database specific jobs and determining necessary actions to recover from problems or failures. Performs technical system administration duties on packaged software applications for daily support and system upgrade activities.
Manage software patches and fixes for databases and packages software systems.
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience in the area of database administration
- Bachelor's degree in math, computer science or related field. Advanced degrees are desirable. Associate degrees with additional work experience will be considered.
- Moderate skills in supporting Oracle databases.
- Basic skills in supporting SOL Server databases.
- Basic to Moderate Admin Experience with Unix OS (RHEL/Oracle, Solaris, AIX, etc... ).
- Proven ability to work in a team environment - approachable, maintains peer relationships, promotes documentation, shares knowledge with others.
- Working knowledge and current experience in database administration including installation, maintenance and tuning of at least one of the following:
- Oracle, release 11g through current, SOL Server 2014 through current
- Skills in supporting advanced Oracle database options such as RAC, RMAN, OEM, ASM, Exadata/Appliance/Engineered Systems, Active Data Guard
- Skills in supporting advanced SOL Server database options such as Clustering, AlwaysOn
- Skills in supporting databases in VM environments with highly redundant , highly available Systems
- Skills in supporting databases with technologies such as Dell/EMC Data Domains, VM and/or Zones, CommVault or IBM Tivoli backup solutions