Application Engineer (JAVA)
One Park Plaza Nashville, TN 37203
Zycron has joined with a large healthcare company in search of an Entry Application Engineer. This is a contract position in Nashville, TN and is not available for sponsorship.
The Engineer demonstrates capability to design, development, implement, and support development solutions. This person can quickly learn and maintain existing solutions as well as new development. The engineer provides key problem resolutions for production systems as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and participate in the day-to-day support and maintenance activities.
- Understand (and eventually mentor others around) assigned applications and system architecture
- Assist in troubleshooting activities
- Work on assignments involving the stability and manageability of the dotCMS platform
- Develop software with a focus on delivering reusable code.
- Complete assignments on time within applicable release cycle
- Direct the performance of simple, moderate and complex programming assignments within the department.
- Present final products to the business, field partners and co-workers
- Perform technical developer duties on backend plugin (Java) and server-side (Apache Velocity) development for dotCMS and other projects within the Web Services team including requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
- Estimate work effort required in delivering features
- Product high-quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates coding best practices and standards
- Write code and assist in the development of new products/features and enhance/maintain existing features.
- Grow into Subject Matter Expert for back end development while working with other members of your team to determine best approaches to problems.
- Accurately report issues and status to project management
- Coordinate and participate in code and design review
- When applicable, create and execute unit test cases (both automated and manual)
- Possess knowledge of enterprise and software design patterns
- Produce and review enterprise-level system design documentation, including: XML schemas, WSDL' s, Use Cases, Software Architecture Documentation, Service Mapping (i.e., map service schema to backend source systems), APIs, Technical Guide (i.e., end user documentation), and transition documentation to support the team.
- Develop/Understand the SOA design using WS-Security, SOAP/HTTP, WSDL, XML/XSD (Schemas), JSON or other technologies.
- Possess knowledge and experience with different phases of testing (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- Possess excellent communication skills to interface with various stakeholders from business consumer to technical staff
- Encourage process improvements around all areas of the software development cycle
- Bachelor’ s Degree - preferred (but not required) Experience Equivalent
- 4 years’ experience in one or more of the following:
- Java and/or J2EE development environment
- Java Libraries such as Spring, Struts, Servlets, OSGI and Hibernate
- Elastic Search or Redis Cache
- Apache Velocity or a similar server-side templating language such as PHP or C#
- Use of Eclipse for java development is highly desirable
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Web/full-stack development and an understanding of the pros/cons on performance, security, manageability, stability and usability of different approaches to building websites
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Chantal Konopka, email@example.com
Job ID Number: 63628 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com